• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BrentMorris

DX11 Multiple Render Targets Crash

This topic is 2267 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quick question. Do you have to set up blend states if you are rendering to multiple render targets? I can render straight to the backbuffer or to a single render target, but when I try to render to multiple RT's I get a crash at the present call.

I'm 95% certain most everything is set up correctly. The shaders have been slightly modified from another DX11 project, and otherwise what I've written is loosely based off of http://www.rastertek.../dx11tut22.html

I'm confused. >_<

Edit: To clarify this is for DX11. Edited by DementedCarrot

Advertisement
You can choose to enable independent RT blending if you want, by setting the IndependentBlendEnable field of the D3D11_BLEND_DESC structure to TRUE when creating the blend state. If you do so, you need to fill the whole array of 8 D3D11_RENDER_TARGET_BLEND_DESC structures with meaningful values.

If you set the blend state to 0, D3D sets a default state that disables blending. You could see if this removes the crash, and if not, the problem lies somewhere else.

Also, be sure to use a debug ref device - it should warn you if you have invalid device state upon drawing stuff. There are some things that it doesn't catch, though.

I'm not setting blend states at all, so I guess that's out.

Also the debug device reveals nothing.

To clarify further: It's crashing the video drivers, and not the program. After the driver crash and the recovery it continues to run. It only draws black screens though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!