Sign in to follow this  

SlimDX Support for XACT3 lacking?

This topic is 2009 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've got my basic streaming and non-streaming sounds working, but when I went to go start using the notification callbacks I discovered that they aren't exposed through SlimDX. I'm on the January 2012 release, and you can see right in the source that the

XACT_RUNTIME_PARAMETERS RuntimeParameters::ToUnmanaged()

function never fills in anything for the XACT_NOTIFICATION_CALLBACK fnNotificationCallback; member. The Engine::Initialize under the XACT namespace doesn't do anything for that either. Does anyone know if these notification callbacks are supported somehow or if there's a plan to add support to SlimDX? I could add the support locally, but I don't really want to end up distributing a modified dll if I don't have to.

[quote name='Mike.Popoloski' timestamp='1339433604' post='4948210']
Parts of XACT simply never got completed because nobody was bothering to use it. If you want to implement it yourself, I'd be happy to integrate your changes into an official release.
[/quote]

Well that covers that then. I'll probably implement the callback stuff in the next couple weeks or so. I'll give you a holler when it's done.

This topic is 2009 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.