Clients on different platforms

Started by
0 comments, last by Waterlimon 11 years, 10 months ago
Not really feasible for anything I make but what do you think about someday, blending games together having different "roles" based on the platform you're playing on.

Basic scenario:
You play on a mobile with accelerometer which lets you be a driver. Maybe you're a taxi driver, or some other transportation driver, or if it were a mechawarrior type maybe you drive the robot (via touch screen UI and accelerometer) while your teammates on PC are gunners/rocketlaunch operators, etc. Similar for ship combat games where your teammates run cannons or artillery while you drive, or a flight game with multiple positions to fill (bomber simulation or something). Later you could login to your account from a PC and do the other roles, but not "driver" type roles.

Seems like it could be a far more immerse role playing game.

I guess the limitation would be graphics, like would PC players have to use mobile quality graphics since mobiles would be in game? I know networking-wise I've seen both PC and mobiles log into a multiplayer server, so it's do-able.

I think the bigger problem would be expecting a certain ratio of mobile and PC players, like if you design the game so each team "needs" a mobile "driver" and there aren't enough mobiles for the number of teams waiting.

Just daydreaming....:P
Advertisement
You could have different graphics for different roles.

Mechs (mobile users) might have a low resolution blurry picture because it comes from some cheap high durability mech camera, while the pc players playing as human soldiers and such have high quality picture.

o3o

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement