Software for Creating Audio for 3D Game

Started by
5 comments, last by M6dEEp 11 years, 10 months ago
I am looking to change recorded voice to create different characters voice and maybe apply some some effects like radio effects, etc...

What are the recommended softwares (currently used in 3D games industry)?
Advertisement
I currently use GoldWave, which has a lot of interesting features, but I'm sure there's better stuff out there.

GoldWave let's you use it for free for a certain number of 'actions' within the program and then it wants money. I'm actually interested to hear if anyone else has some nice audio editing apps that they use. I originally started using GW because it can read Sony ATRAC3 wav's, but I don't do much work on my PSP anymore, so I don't really need that at this point.

That being said, I think this is the wrong forum for this kind of question. You may want to ask in http://www.gamedev.net/forum/19-music-and-sound/.

Hope that helps! :)
void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
I use Audacity.
Currently used in 3d games industry ?? I'm not a professional musician or engineer but I would suggest the following if you want professional quality software. And you can spend a lot more, with integrated hardware. But I think the $500 price range will get you some pretty good software, I've taken a look at one or two of these (some years ago now) and they were impressive. There are so many other softwares as well, including sequencers, effects modules etc

Avid Pro Tools 10 $680
Cakewalk Sonar X1 Production Suite $470
Ableton Live Suite $750
Sony Sound Forge 10 $480
Sonic Studio Soundblade $2500
Steinberg Cubase 6 $490
Steinberg Wavelab 7 $600

These are Australian prices, so although our dollars have been similar for a while now, you might find better prices State-side.
I am looking to create different voices of characters, while only 1 or 2 people are recording, COMPLETELY change the recorded voice to a voice of a character.

Maybe apply effects such as radio, if the character is talking through radio, etc...

Which software would you recommend? I don't mind about how much it cost as long as it will do what I want.

Thanks,
Actually, now that I see it mentioned, I have indeed heard that Sony's Sound Forge is a top notch audio tool. Sony's site lists the MSRP at about $375 US, but you may be able to find it cheaper through a google shopping search. Just make sure you get Sound Forge 10 and not one of the other Sound Forge products, which are not really what you're looking for.
void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
http://www.drpetter.se/projects.html

Lots and lots of good tools for making 8 bit game assets, sounds etc. All free :D.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement