• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Farseer Physics Movement XNA

This topic is 2043 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey. I am working on a 2D Terraria-Like game, and I needed some help with the movement. To handle both collisions and physics, I am using the Farseer Physics Engine. I have two questions, which are probably quite simple.

1. How can I make my character stop moving once the movement keys are released. With the code below, the character still continues to roll:

[source lang="java"]if(k.IsKeyDown(Keys.Left))
{

circleBody.ApplyTorque(-1000);
}
else if (k.IsKeyDown(Keys.Right))
{
circleBody.ApplyTorque(1000);
}[/source]
2. Can I make the character not bounce at all after colliding with a platform? I have set the RestitutionCoefficient to 0, but it still bounces a very small amount.

3. Is there a way to prevent the character from rotating its texture?

Thanks for the help

Advertisement

Hey. I am working on a 2D Terraria-Like game, and I needed some help with the movement. To handle both collisions and physics, I am using the Farseer Physics Engine. I have two questions, which are probably quite simple.

1. How can I make my character stop moving once the movement keys are released. With the code below, the character still continues to roll:

As can see in the source code of the Body class there is a method called ResetDynamics(). I believe that this method is the one you are looking for.

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]2. Can I make the character not bounce at all after colliding with a platform? I have set the RestitutionCoefficient to 0, but it still bounces a very small amount.[/background]

I am not sure about this one, but try also setting the ground restitution to 0.

3. Is there a way to prevent the character from rotating its texture?

There is a propriety in the class Body name FixedRotation. Set it to true to have the character keep its rotation to 0.

Hope this is helpful ;). Edited by Bayinx

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement