• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nyl2000

Codeblocks Setup with SDL

This topic is 2222 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to setup Code::Blocks to use SDL. I have all the libraries setup per this tutorial.

http://lazyfoo.net/S...ocks/index.php

I am currently getting this error:

File ld.exe cannot find -lSDLmain

I know the code works; I have had my comp reformatted recently, and have taken the code from a backup. I believe that there is a step that I have forgotten in reinstalling Code::Blocks and SDL. Can anyone explain to me what this error is exactly, so I have a better idea of what to look for?

Advertisement
Isn't it -lSDL_main? (note the underscore)

I should go check, to be fair I haven't used that thing in ages since with MinGW you can use main as-is without being forced to open a console and I'm on Linux right now anyway.

I just tried -lSDL_main, it doesnt work either; plus I remember -lSDLmain working from before I reformatted.

The error message you are getting is indicating that the linker (ld.exe) can't find a library (SDLmain.dll). I am not familiar with CodeBlocks, but see if there is a way to put in search directories that contain your libraries. The other possibility is that when you built/installed libSDL, it didn't create or put SDLmain.dll in a "well known" location (for example, in linux, a well known location is usually /usr/local/lib, /usr/lib or /opt/lib)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!