Looking for testers for a Unity Tutorial

Started by
3 comments, last by Liquid Shock Games 11 years, 9 months ago
Hi all,

I don't know if that is going to make it through the Spam filter but I give it a shot though.

We are planning on releasing a tutorial for Unity3.5 and we would like to get some feedbacks from users first to let us know what is right and wrong.

First off, the product is NOT to be sold so that is why I try it here.

Now the tutorial is for game programming beginners but not for programming beginners. The language used is UnityScript which looks like ActionScript or Javascript. though anyone with knowledge in any language can do it. Any game programming level is welcome. We also wish to know what we are missing from people that already have knowledge.

The tutorial starts with an introduction to game developement then explains the interface and the basics of Unity.

After that, the tutorial shows how to create a project and takes all the way to develop an arkanoid game, the game where you have a ball bouncing and you need to destroy bricks. Well, you will destroy chests in our case (treasure chest of course...).

The tutorial is only 8 chapters so that won't take you long.

So. if you want to give it a try, contact me at lucas@viope.com and I will let you know more about it.

Thanks already
Fafase
Advertisement
I would suggest posting them as articles, that way you can have people comment and give you feedback that way, evolving it into a peer reviewed ultra awesome tutorial.

Engineering Manager at Deloitte Australia

Hi, I'm about to start learning Unity so if you'd like a true beginner's feedback on your tutorial, I'd be happy to start with your tutorial !
Hi MrTiax,

Thanks for your reply, I am now polishing the tutorial. It should be ready within a few days. There is my email address on the original post, you can send your details there so that I can let you know how to get the tutorial.

Fafase
I would be interested in giving it a run through. Shoot me a pm when they are done.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement