i need suggestions can you help me?

Started by
6 comments, last by SimonForsman 11 years, 9 months ago
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]what do you think the first step in c++ game programming?[/background]

[/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]i already known basics c++ but now i want to improve more and my focus is on game prog. can you suggest anything? [/background]

[/font]

Advertisement
This Guy gives the perfect guide to becoming a professional game programmer or a hobbyist. Watch all the 3 parts:

--Sid
[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]what do you think the first step in c++ game programming?[/background]

Try some simple games even in the console first, guess the number, tic tac toe, hangman. etc. if these are too easy do something more complicated with some graphics API, be it a game engine or simply DirectX/OpenGL. Try making pong, breakout, simple games, then maybe more complex games, Tetris, 2D slide scroller?

Eventually when you feel up to it and enough mathematical understanding try learning 3D..

I would recommend you start with some simple game engines, SDL, Haafs Game Engine, Irrlicht, Ogre3d, XNA.

Or learn a graphics API, DirectX, or OpenGL.

Try some simple games even in the console first, guess the number, tic tac toe, hangman. etc. if these are too easy do something more complicated with some graphics API, be it a game engine or simply DirectX/OpenGL. Try making pong, breakout, simple games, then maybe more complex games, Tetris, 2D slide scroller?

Eventually when you feel up to it and enough mathematical understanding try learning 3D..

I would recommend you start with some simple game engines, SDL, Haafs Game Engine, Irrlicht, Ogre3d, XNA.

Or learn a graphics API, DirectX, or OpenGL.

what you mean by console first? you mean in dos?

SDL, Haafs Game Engine, Irrlicht, Ogre3d, XNA this game engines are in c++?

Thank you for the replies. Very helpful.

what you mean by console first? you mean in dos?

Yes, dos, command line programs.

And those are game engines/API's.
@DevLiquidKnight Thank you very much for the replies ! :D, where i can download ebook tutorials for c++ OpenGL and DirectX? i will try this first before trying game engines, im not
already decided which game engine should i choose that suits for me as a beginner.

@DevLiquidKnight Thank you very much for the replies ! biggrin.png, where i can download ebook tutorials for c++ OpenGL and DirectX?

You can probably find tons of tutorials online to name a few places...

OpenGL:
Nehe, Swiftless

DirectX:
DirectXTutorial, Toymaker
I'd strongly recommend against using Nehe or swiftless tutorials, they're both horribly outdated, (The last swiftless tutorial starts to touch OpenGL 1.5 slightly, the rest deal with OpenGL 1.0 and 1.1 features that are now deprecated).

Take a look at http://www.opengl-tutorial.org/beginners-tutorials/ instead.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement