Sign in to follow this  
superwave

OpenGL Strange problem about OpenGL drawing in a QGraphicsView.

[color=#666666]OpenGL rendering is done by reimplementing QGraphicsScene's drawBackground() function. I also add two QGraphicsRectItem in the QGraphicsScene, one embeded a dialog with four buttons in it; another is a yellow Solid circle.[/color]
[color=#666666]when the opengl codes are as follows included in drawBackground() of QGraphicsScene,[/color]

[source lang="cpp"]MTList=glGenLists(1);
glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
Vertex_iterator vi = model.vertices_begin();
glVertexPointer(3, GL_DOUBLE, sizeof(Vertex), &(vi->point()[0]));
glDisable(GL_LIGHTING);
glNewList(MTList, GL_COMPILE);
glColor3f(1.0,0.0,1.0);
//glLineWidth(10.0);
//glDisable(GL_CULL_FACE);
//glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_LINE);
glDrawElements(GL_POINTS, 3*model.size_of_facets(), GL_UNSIGNED_INT, &modelfaces[0]); glEndList();
glDisableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);[/source]

[color=#666666]at this time, the two items in QGraphicsScene display as expected: [/color]
[color=#666666][img]http://uploads.gamedev5.net/gallery/album_467/gallery_200313_467_12630.jpg[/img][/color]

[color=#666666][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]However, when I uncomment //glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_LINE): [/background][/color]

[source lang="cpp"]
glColor3f(1.0,0.0,1.0);
//glLineWidth(10.0);
//glDisable(GL_CULL_FACE);
glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_LINE);
glDrawElements(GL_POINTS, 3*model.size_of_facets(), GL_UNSIGNED_INT, &modelfaces[0]);[/source]

[color=#666666](I know I should also change GL_TRIAGNLES, however the result is the same.) then the two items as distorted like two slashes: [/color]

[color=#666666][img]http://uploads.gamedev5.net/gallery/album_467/gallery_200313_467_2080.jpg[/img][/color]

[color=#666666][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Why this weird display occur ?[/background][/color]

[color=#666666]Thanks a lot[/color] Edited by superwave

I revised the line to : glPolygonMode(GL_BACK, GL_LINE); the problem still exists,

HHHOoooWWwwever, glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT, GL_LINE); sloved the problem and the two items come out to be as expected.

Why?