• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Tallkotten

Problems with code::blocks compiling(build and run)

This topic is 2204 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello!

Only just recently I've begun to experience problems when building a project in Code::blocks. It has gotten to the point where i cant see a simple change in a variable eg:
[source lang=java]for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++)

//changed to

for(int i = 0; i < 5; i++)[/source]

Unless i rebuild the entire project which is very tiring and becomes quite a hassle if you are trying to fix a specific problem which only includes one file. At first i thought that it should work if i choose to build ONLY the file which I've changed something in since the last build, which also made sense. But no, i have to rebuild it all.

I think i know what the problem is. Is doesn't create a new .exe fun unless i rebuild it. I've confirmed this by looking at the time last changed on the file, and it doesn't change if i "build & run" which it did before.

Anyway I've tried to re-install it and it didn't help at all and I've found near to nothing when google:ing. I really do hope that i can get some help from here!

Thanks alot for taking the time to read my post smile.png

Advertisement
I haven't yet actually. can you recommend a compiler?

I actually installed VIsual c++ 2010 yesterday but i never enabled SDL with it

Code::Blocks comes with a bunch of plugins pre-installed. Perhaps one of them is causing the problem. Using the plugin manager you can disable and uninstall some plugins. Try that for a fix.

This is my build log after pressing F9 (build and run)

"Checking for existence: C:\Users\Johan\Documents\CodeBlocks\Spel\bin\Debug\Spel.exe
Executing: "C:\Users\Johan\Documents\CodeBlocks\Spel\bin\Debug\Spel.exe" (in C:\Users\Johan\Documents\CodeBlocks\Spel\.)
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 2 seconds)"

It never seems to make a new exe :/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!