Can't type "}" in Visual C++ 2010

Started by
12 comments, last by alh420 11 years, 6 months ago
Basically what the title says. I can't typ the "}" curly bracket. The "{" works fine, nothing wrong the the keyboard button either since I can typ it here obviously :P

Tried googling it with no result. Using swedish keyboard btw but that shouldn't matter.
Advertisement
Definitely sounds weird.
What happens when you do type "}"?
Does it put in a different character? Does it put in whitespace? Does it do nothing at all?
Never heard of that one before. For the sake of completeness, can you copy and paste the character in?
Nothing happens when I try to type the character in. I can paste it in but I can't keep doing that when coding..reconsidering reinstalling visual c++ atm..
reinstallating visual c++ didn't help. No one knows a solution? :/
Try a different keyboard?
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Are you sure you're using the proper keyboard layout? Your physical keyboard might be Swedish but your OS can make pretend that it isn't. When you enter the editor, look at the task bar to see if you can find an icon with an abbreviation of the language you are using. I'm using a Polish (Programmers) layout so my icon appears as PL but when I switch to English it's EN. Swedish should show up as SV. If nothing shows up, find "Region and Language" in the control panel, select "Keyboard and Languages" tab, press "Change keyboard" and look there.

If you have a different language selected, switch back to Swedish by clicking on SV. If next to the SV is a little icon of a keyboard, you might have a different version of a Swedish layout, try changing that. Ultimately, you can access this feature in full in the control panel as "Region and Language" (I think it's a little different for Windows XP, but it still has language and region in the name).

Other than that, I've no idea biggrin.png

Yo dawg, don't even trip.

Tried a different keyboard and the layout is swedish (SV). This is so odd...
all other inputs works in visual c++ besides }
Did you maybe assign a keyboard command to the key by accident?

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Did you maybe assign a keyboard command to the key by accident?

I just checked there. I have reset the layout even tried assigning it to another command (like ctrl + shit + 0). It seems like I can input all other symbols besides "}". I'm really frustrated. Was planning to write codes couple of hours tonight...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement