Sign in to follow this  

Please help point out my error

This topic is 1986 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So here is the logical part:

[CODE]
if (FrontX[SKELE][0] / BackX[3][0] > 0.98 && FrontX[SKELE][0] / BackX[3][0] < 1)
{
Movement = FALSE;
}
else
{
Movement = TRUE;
}
[/CODE]

Coordinates of object [3]:
[CODE]
TranslateX[3] = 5.0f;
TranslateY[3] = 0.0f;
TranslateZ[3] = 0.0f;
[/CODE]

[SKELE] is the skeleton that I move around with. [0] above is the first corner out of four, I only go with one corner to test the results.

So I get the values I need from XAnimator and store them, then transform.

[CODE]
D3DXVECTOR3 cornersInModelSpace[8];
cornersInModelSpace[0] = D3DXVECTOR3( minBoundsModelSpace.x, minBoundsModelSpace.y, minBoundsModelSpace.z ); // xyz
cornersInModelSpace[1] = D3DXVECTOR3( maxBoundsModelSpace.x, minBoundsModelSpace.y, minBoundsModelSpace.z ); // Xyz
cornersInModelSpace[2] = D3DXVECTOR3( minBoundsModelSpace.x, maxBoundsModelSpace.y, minBoundsModelSpace.z ); // xYz
cornersInModelSpace[3] = D3DXVECTOR3( maxBoundsModelSpace.x, maxBoundsModelSpace.y, minBoundsModelSpace.z ); // XYz
cornersInModelSpace[4] = D3DXVECTOR3( minBoundsModelSpace.x, minBoundsModelSpace.y, maxBoundsModelSpace.z ); // xyZ
cornersInModelSpace[5] = D3DXVECTOR3( maxBoundsModelSpace.x, minBoundsModelSpace.y, maxBoundsModelSpace.z ); // XyZ
cornersInModelSpace[6] = D3DXVECTOR3( minBoundsModelSpace.x, maxBoundsModelSpace.y, maxBoundsModelSpace.z ); // xYZ
cornersInModelSpace[7] = D3DXVECTOR3( maxBoundsModelSpace.x, maxBoundsModelSpace.y, maxBoundsModelSpace.z ); // XYZ
// Now we transform each corner by the world matrix
D3DXVECTOR3 cornersInWorldSpace[8];
for( int i = 0; i < 8; i++ )
{
D3DXVec3TransformCoord( &cornersInWorldSpace[i], &cornersInModelSpace[i], &IdentityMatrix);
}
[/CODE]

IdentityMatrix is set here, before the function is called
[CODE]
for (int count = 0; count < ObjectQuantity; ++count)
{
D3DXMatrixMultiply(&IdentityMatrix, &matRotateY[count], &matTranslate[count]);
// d3ddev->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD, &IdentityMatrix); // set the world transform
RenderBoundingBoxes(count);
d3ddev->DrawIndexedPrimitive(D3DPT_LINELIST, 0, 0, 8, 0, 24);
}
[/CODE]

Like you see above, I draw the indexed primitive above, after I loaded the vertices (below). But
the bounds I get for all objects are wrong, unless I uncomment the settransform above, which
draws the bounds correctly for every object, except object [3], in which case the bounds are not only
in the wrong place, but the object bound is longer in size.

[CODE]
D3DXVECTOR3 front[4],back[4];
front[0] = cornersInWorldSpace[0];
front[1] = cornersInWorldSpace[2];
back[2] = cornersInWorldSpace[3];
back[3] = cornersInWorldSpace[1];
front[3] = cornersInWorldSpace[4];
front[2] = cornersInWorldSpace[6];
back[1] = cornersInWorldSpace[7];
back[0] = cornersInWorldSpace[5];
static float (* FrontX)[4] = new float[ObjectQuantity][4];
static float (* FrontY)[4] = new float[ObjectQuantity][4];
static float (* FrontZ)[4] = new float[ObjectQuantity][4];
static float (* BackX)[4] = new float[ObjectQuantity][4];
static float (* BackY)[4] = new float[ObjectQuantity][4];
static float (* BackZ)[4] = new float[ObjectQuantity][4];
for (int count = 0; count < 4; ++ count)
{
FrontX[ObjNum][count] = front[count].x;
FrontY[ObjNum][count] = front[count].y;
FrontZ[ObjNum][count] = front[count].z;
BackX[ObjNum][count] = back[count].x;
BackY[ObjNum][count] = back[count].y;
BackZ[ObjNum][count] = back[count].z;
}

CUSTOMVERTEX vertices[] =
{
{ FrontX[ObjNum][0], FrontY[ObjNum][0], FrontZ[ObjNum][0], D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 255), },
{ FrontX[ObjNum][1], FrontY[ObjNum][1], FrontZ[ObjNum][1], D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 255), },
{ FrontX[ObjNum][2], FrontY[ObjNum][2], FrontZ[ObjNum][2], D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 255), },
{ FrontX[ObjNum][3], FrontY[ObjNum][3], FrontZ[ObjNum][3], D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 255), },
{ BackX[ObjNum][0], BackY[ObjNum][0], BackZ[ObjNum][0], D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 255), },
{ BackX[ObjNum][1], BackY[ObjNum][1], BackZ[ObjNum][1], D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 255), },
{ BackX[ObjNum][2], BackY[ObjNum][2], BackZ[ObjNum][2], D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 255), },
{ BackX[ObjNum][3], BackY[ObjNum][3], BackZ[ObjNum][3], D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0, 0, 255), },
};
// lock v_buffer and load the vertices into it
v_buffer->Lock(0, 0, (void**)&pVoid, 0);
memcpy(pVoid, vertices, sizeof(vertices));
v_buffer->Unlock();
[/CODE]

The 4 BackX corners of object [3] are at X = 5
The 4 FrontX corners of object [3] are at X = -24.4257

Now if I think logically, my object is not that big really. So I take my skeleton and
go to the back side of my object.

So I'm with the skeleton where the back of my object is.
BackX then is approximately -10

then I go to the front of object [3]
and the coordinates are the same as above, approx -24
----------------

So my question is, how is that possible? Where is my error?
As you can see above, I did indeed set the object[3] X coordinate to 5,
that is where collision happens, but my object is drawn at -10 for some reason.
Strangely enough, the front of the cube does collision correctly at where it is drawn.

Please help!

If there is anything unclear, I am willing to supply any information needed, so please post!

Theo

EDIT:

Here's the drawing code, in case it helps any..

[CODE]
for (int CountRender = 0;CountRender < ObjectQuantity; ++ CountRender) //draw all the objects despite of which object time calculation is executing
{

D3DXMatrixTranslation(&matTranslate[CountRender], TranslateX[CountRender], TranslateY[CountRender], TranslateZ[CountRender]);
XAnimator->Render(ModelID[CountRender], matRotateY[CountRender] * matTranslate[CountRender] ,(float)timeElapsedSinceLastUpdate[CountRender]);
}
[/CODE] Edited by theo2005

Some hints that may help:[list=1]
[*]Use a better subject. There are lots of discussions and questions. People reading topics prefer to read those that are in their area of interest. With no area specified you miss out a lot of viewers.
[*]Use tags to also help people select.
[*]State the problem first in your post, and preferably also in the topic title. I started to read, but gave it up. It is simply not interesting to read a source code without know what you should look for.
[/list]

This topic is 1986 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.