Rajawali Engine - anyone used it?

Started by
2 comments, last by Joey P 11 years, 9 months ago
I've been looking around lately for an OpenGL ES 2.0 engine, basically all I need it to do is render static meshes in open space and load .obj files, texturing, and directional and point lighting, nothing fancy.

I came across one called Rajawali, it seems to do everything I need it to, and is open source so I can integrate it into my project changing what I need to. Just wondering if anyone here has used it in a serious application? If so would you recommend it? Only thing I'm worried about is, it seems to load the .obj files from disk during runtime, which can be a bit slow, instead of providing a tool to convert them to vertex arrays or VBO's before compiling...
Advertisement
You cant save stuff to VBO's before compiling.
I would just use assimp and load some file format and save the data I need in binary form which is very fast to load.

You cant save stuff to VBO's before compiling.
I would just use assimp and load some file format and save the data I need in binary form which is very fast to load.
Pretty sure that's what he means -- so instead of parsing an ASCII OBJ file at runtime and filling in your VBO, you simply memcpy your binary file straight into your VBO without any parsing or processing required at load time.

Pretty sure that's what he means -- so instead of parsing an ASCII OBJ file at runtime and filling in your VBO, you simply memcpy your binary file straight into your VBO without any parsing or processing required at load time.

Yes, this is much preferred, do you know of any tutorials with source for doing this?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement