I need more help!

Started by
1 comment, last by pixelartist 11 years, 9 months ago
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]About myself:[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]First i want to say hello to all of you guys![/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Then i am programing for 3 mounths and i can say i learned the basics of C++.I study every day like 10h and i never get bored however i get more thirsty![/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]So far i`ve done a couple of little but eficente programs and some try of making an ASCII game.[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Where do i need help?[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]In the most time when i learn something new i know how to use it in the right way.But sometimes i have head blocks and i try to find the solution on internet(I am going to do informatics at school next year in IX,i have only 14,)and try to use that solution in my game...but sometimes i really cant do it... some exemples are :classes and vectors![/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]About my game:[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Well,the point in making my game is a roguelike with ASCII characters where you go exploring catacombs fight some monsters and collect items to become more powerful.(No big deal ,no? [/background]

[/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]smile.png[/background]

[/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)])[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Technicals things:[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Well,i made the drawing engine and the ability to move the character around the map using the coordonates, and displaying some messages.[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]I know its very very basic everything i made but...for me it was a little bit harder to make it.[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]The enemys will be:z or Z (zombies) who can fallow you,s or S (skeletons) who can shot arrows(-),[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]the exit to the next level >,and the items will appare on the screen in this formate _.Basically when you will touch the item an message will appare and show you exactly what it is and if u want to pick it up from the ground.[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]So what i want from you guys:[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]I really want you guys to download the source code ,look into it say what is good and what is not good and maybe if u want(this will help me a LOTE)make some classes for enemies or for the items,so i will have an exemple from you and i will continue developing what you gave to me.[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]If you dont understand i need someone who can show me some exemples.But the best would be in class.Because if i`am not trying to make the code in different files it will be hard to continue coding on it.[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]In the end:[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]In the end i want to thanks you guys for reading my post and i hope you will help me out and luckly i will finish those things i propose in this vacantion![/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]~~You can download the file here:http://www.mediafire.com/?3u4e2a56jxn12uv [/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]My skype:vladmihail1997[/background]

[/font]

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]P.S:Please dont forget to add at every line of code // and the explication,THX [/background]

[/font]

Advertisement
I am sorry to tell you this but I will only read your entire post when you try to correct your grammar because this is painful to read.
@KenjiSenpai: I don't think English is the OP's first language, based on some of his mistakes. I could be wrong, or you could already know that though...

@ vladmihail: I think it would be much more beneficial to you to post more specific questions about your code. There are an infinite number of things you could do to improve almost any code, and as for learning classes from examples, there are a million different ways you can implement them for your game, and you probably won't like half of the ones that other people would post.
On to the topic of splitting up your code. Provided I've understood you correctly, what you're looking for is modularization. A quick Google search and I've come up with this thread on the Ubuntu Forums: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1576289. That should give you a good starting spot. Post any questions you have on here, but I suggest you make them more specific if you want a lot of feedback.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement