Correct X file export from 3ds Max

Started by
7 comments, last by Arkanoid 11 years, 9 months ago
Hi, sb know how using panda directX exporter, export x file? I have problems with model in directX code. Some models are witout textures, some witout animation. How correctly export model to X. file? Mostly i'm interesting in animated models export.
Advertisement
Just make sure you choose the right options when you are exporting.Everything you said could happen if you didn't
"right options" - ?))
Just check this boxes(There are some that are already checked):
On 3DS MAX OBJECTS:
Include Animations
Include bones
Materials
On Animations you have to modify the sequences, so you can import the animations the way you want, it depends on you.
On Textures and fx files
You probably have to check Scale texture to...but it depends on your code
On X Files Settings
Sub frame hierarchy

And I think thats all, maybe a few adjutments to make it work with your code but probably not.
what 3ds max are you using.
What panda directX exporter.
Ops, sorry forgot about that, that was 3DS max 2010
2009 max....no, with that settings my program doesn't see animation and textures....
if i click "bones" on - i have bones objects -_- - but with animation)))) better to have object with animation)))
Not sure about XNA but these are the settings I use for multi-animated models...

Check the following (this is for max 8 & 9 btw)
- separated by tabs
Mesh definition
Materials
Geometric
Dummy
-
Mesh normals
Mapping coordinates
Optimize mesh - none
-
Under animation, add all animation parts using start and end
Anim method - sampled
Key options - Matrix
Timeline - key seq
Sample rate - 30 fps
-
Texture conversion - none
nothing else checked
-
Binary with compression
Sub-frame hierarchy
Left handed axis

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

how about "include animation"?

with this settings i have model, without texture and animation....even if "include animation" checked. if i chek using full texture filename - i can see textures. But no animation. I see animation if i chek include bones, but then there is no mesh, just bone meshes with animation wacko.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement