Sign in to follow this  
Saint Squireen

CodeBlocks/Visual C++ and SFML pack?

The first question I have is: (Remember this is C++) CodeBlocks or Visual C++? I have a pc, not a Linux, and not a mac. My second question is: I really want SFML but my computer is the shittiest thing ever(an XP) and I have the hardest time trying to go through the files to make it connect with my CodeBlocks. (I have CodeBlocks right now, but should I switch over to Visual C++) Im going to get a new computer by the end of this month but I just cant wait!! Hahaha Im sure you guys know the feeling :) Anyways my second question is: is there a pre-compiled pack that has CodeBlocks/Visual C++ and SFML already compiled/connected and in one easy download? This could eradicate all of the hardwork I have spent all last week trying to do.

So recap:
Visual C++ or CodeBlocks if I dont have a Mac or a Linux
Is there an easily downloadable pack that contains one of the two already compiled with SFML?
Thanks

[quote name='Saint Squireen' timestamp='1341768383' post='4956972']This could eradicate all of the hardwork I have spent all last week trying to do.[/quote]
What trouble are you having? Have you followed the [url=http://sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/]getting started tutorials[/url]?

The download section has precompiled distributions for common compilers (GCC, MinGW, whatever Visual Studio uses), so if you don't want to compile the latest snapshot, get one of them.

I suggest you to skip 1.6 and work with 2, it's a whole lot better.

Beyond that, it's one include, and you need to link 3 lib files to start.
Where exactly are you having trouble?