• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hawksprite

SlimDX With Direct2D and Direct3D11

This topic is 2175 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So i'm learning SlimDX in C# and have come across a problem.

The main window was being rendered in DX 11 and is working fine, but then I decided to write a HUD class that would use Direct2D.

However when everything is rendered it just rapidly flickers between what Direct2D is rendering and the Direct X 11 window. Is there something i'm supposed to be doing with the rendering targets to meld these together?

Advertisement
D2D and D3D11 interop is actually a huge pain in the ass, since D2D uses a D3D10.1 device and not a D3D11 device. This link provides a high-level overview.

There have actually been a lot of threads about this in the DirectX forum...you should try searching through there to see if you can dig up anything else specific to SlimDX (and you should probably also post threads like these in that forum wink.png )

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!