• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Landon Patmore

Help Making a Menu Screen (CoronaSDK)

This topic is 2263 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

I need help making a menu for my game that I am developing.

I am using CoronaSDK to develop this game.

I am fairly new to coding in LUA. I have the basics down and I am getting a book from my local library to learn the full "jist" of the language, but I won't be able to get there until next week and I have made a deadline for my menu to be made, and the deadline is on Thursday.

I have the whole UI drawn out on paper. All I need to know is how to make a Play button to go the levels selection menu. Then how to make a High Scores button to go to a page that has all the High Scores on a separate screen. Finally, an Options button to obviously go to a Options screen.

If you can, can you show me also on how to make the screen for the Options screen for sound to be adjusted, and also to put in like info on who made the game and copyright info.

Also I am developing for both Android and iOS, so because some of the code is different, could you please give both because I know some code doesn't work on both platforms.

Sorry that I am asking for a lot of info, but I just want to understand how to do it, and so that I could apply it in the future.

Thanks!

~Landon

Advertisement

but I won't be able to get there until next week and I have made a deadline for my menu to be made, and the deadline is on Thursday.

Hmm.. is it your deadline or a given deadline (i.e. homework)? If it is yours, I would rethink your planning approach, learning to drive after participating in a car racing isn't the cleverest idea...

Also I am developing for both Android and iOS, so because some of the code is different, could you please give both because I know some code doesn't work on both platforms.

huh.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!