Alternative minecraft

Started by
105 comments, last by bvanevery 9 years, 11 months ago
Maybe i'll made regional stone, meaning particular biom is connected with particular type of stone.
Advertisement
Dont make a limit to dig depth, but make it more realistic. In real life digging is slowww, you got to take the stone and dirt somewhere, have supports, supply of air, watch out for water leaking in and so on.

o3o

What's about a very different block system? Like a fuel stand or kilogram...

For example:
You can have 1 kg Sand, but to transport it you need a bin, for a bin you need 5 kg iron. Iron is only available as ore.
For 5 kg iron you need 7 kg Ore and fire... For fire you need etc...

I think kg or something similar is a good choice, because it would be really "easy" to implement half blocks or different blocks like triangles. Also it makes it more independet from the blocks himself.

But there is a big problem... I think many people don't like something mathematical like kilogramm.

With Triangle blocks you could also implement good transports like cars.. smile.png

Wish you luck for your project!

PS: I also had the same idea one year ago... but stopped because it would be only a minecraft clone biggrin.png
Reading, Reading, Reading... why do you read not more?
I have a blog: omercan1993.wordpress.com look there for more content
And I also do some art: omercan1993.deviantart.com
And whats about the Pear3DEngine? Never heard of it? Go and look!
Yeah, and currently I do this: SimuWorld

PS: Please look at this poll on my blog about scripting languages: A opinion poll about scripting language

What's about a very different block system? Like a fuel stand or kilogram...

For example:
You can have 1 kg Sand, but to transport it you need a bin, for a bin you need 5 kg iron. Iron is only available as ore.
For 5 kg iron you need 7 kg Ore and fire... For fire you need etc...

I think kg or something similar is a good choice, because it would be really "easy" to implement half blocks or different blocks like triangles. Also it makes it more independet from the blocks himself.

But there is a big problem... I think many people don't like something mathematical like kilogramm.

With Triangle blocks you could also implement good transports like cars.. smile.png

Wish you luck for your project!

PS: I also had the same idea one year ago... but stopped because it would be only a minecraft clone biggrin.png

You have a great idea, but to me if your going to try and play a real life version. You should at least take the time to learn a little math and become that much more immersed. Props
I believe, when i collect a set of great ideas, and make the game realistic it will be almost nothing like minecraft. cool.png

I believe, when i collect a set of great ideas, and make the game realistic it will be almost nothing like minecraft. cool.png

Hehe yes laugh.png

You have a great idea, but to me if your going to try and play a real life version. You should at least take the time to learn a little math and become that much more immersed. Props[/quote]

You are maybe right... I only thought many kids (between 10 and 14/16) don't really like Math (I know many people like that ;) ), but this was only my opinion :D

I also have a "good" story but it does not handle humans like Steve from Minecraft and contains no fantasy, more normal adventure without something like magic and sci-fi.

Unfortunately I can not write it down here, I just have not enough time :)

Regards
omercan

PS: Please look at this poll on my blog about scripting languages: A opinion poll about scripting language
Just one thought, create a mod API, please.

this is the major flaw of minecraft. you can't implement every single idea, but other people can.

You are maybe right... I only thought many kids (between 10 and 14/16) don't really like Math (I know many people like that ;) ), but this was only my opinion biggrin.png

I also have a "good" story but it does not handle humans like Steve from Minecraft and contains no fantasy, more normal adventure without something like magic and sci-fi.

Unfortunately I can not write it down here, I just have not enough time smile.png

Regards
omercan
[/quote]

Very true, but at the same time if you were to implement the math, which don't get me wrong, I didn't like math very much for years. When it came to games though, I would enjoy it because it actually relates to something. Your not just sitting in a classroom going over algebraic equations just to learn them. Could have just been me, but I feel like a lot of kids are like that.
Yes you are right JonBMN, some of my friends hate math but if it is useful they love it. I think this is the normal way of life...

A good mod api is on my mind one of the important parts of the game! Make it modable and maybe use XML for nearly everything!

Sorry for not using quotes currently, currently I use my PSP and it is horrible to talk in the web biggrin.png

Yes you are right JonBMN, some of my friends hate math but if it is useful they love it. I think this is the normal way of life...

A good mod api is on my mind one of the important parts of the game! Make it modable and maybe use XML for nearly everything!

Sorry for not using quotes currently, currently I use my PSP and it is horrible to talk in the web biggrin.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement