• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
noatom

xinput1_4.dll is missing

This topic is 2342 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I managed to build a sample from the PhysX samples without getting any link errors.

However I have another problem,when I try to debug any sample,it gives me the xinput1_4.dll is missing error.I googled and I found that you need to have the directx runtime already installed.Even if I had it installed,I downloaded the latest version again,and still nothing,that error is still there!

I'm using: Visual Studio 11
and PhysX 3.2

Advertisement
Looking on the msdn site, xinput 1.4 is part of Windows 8, and won't be on win7/vista until there is a patch, windows update, or service pack (however they deploy directx 11.1 will be the way it lands on your machine).

Changing the project to link and use the 1.3 import lib and dlls should do the trick, but might require installing or downgrading to the windows 7.0a (for vista) or 7.1 sdk (for win7). Rebuilding in visual studio 2010 should suffice as it is default setup to use the 7.0a sdk out of the box.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!