Best particle engine for SlimDX

Started by
1 comment, last by riuthamus 11 years, 9 months ago
Anybody know of any good particle engines for slimdx? Or have any good tutorials for GPU based particle systems? We have an issue with our current one where the particles always face the camera. Not sure if this is us or if it is the simple fact that we are doing something wrong with how we are rendering the particles. Wanted to see if we could find another particle system so we can look at how they do it. Thanks
Advertisement
Sadly i have never found one, especially 3D is that is what you are looking for. Sadly there is a very small amout of projects for SlimDX most are targeted to XNA. Perhaps that will change going forward. For now you mostly have to roll your own.
Hm... that is what i was affraid of. Maybe the next question should be, does anybody have any experiece creating a GPU based particle system? if so, can you give us some pointers? We have one working now but the issue is it keeps pointing the particles at the camera. Sad when rain falling turns sideways so that it faces the camera! :P Any help with this would be very much appreciated, or even a lead in the right direction. If we get one working I wouldnt mind spreading it around to help those other people who are using SlimDX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement