SDL Game: Tic Tac Toe v0.1

Started by
1 comment, last by stitchs_login 11 years, 9 months ago
Hi! I'm new to this website, so I apologize if this forum is not the place to open this topic, but here it is:

I've recently started learning C++ (around 3 weeks I suppose) and all those console stuff was boring and I knew most of them from my previous knowledge of Java, so I decided to move on to SDL. And I created a Tic Tac Toe game. This is my first game in C++ so it's not really entertaining right now, but I'm planning to add AI, or maybe multiplayer via networking. I included the Code::Blocks source folder so please take a look at it and let me know if I did something wrong. Thanks!

Play directly on Windows
Source code to compile on other systems
Advertisement

• Plays like a charm.
  • Absolutely bug-free.
  • Code looks tidy.

well done!
Nice work. Reading through the code it's incredibly manageable and a lot less in the way of fluff when compared to one I'm currently implementing, though I'm using mine as a base for design patterns.

Two things that could be nice little additions/adjustments:

• Randomise which shape starts: as this could take away that "First move, always win" possibility.
  • The mouse cursor appears after the first round is won: I'm not sure if the intention is for the Arrow to be shown from the start or if it isn't meant to be shown at all. Either way, one of these doesn't seem intended.

Other than that. Great work, and it makes me look at some of my code slightly differently. =D

Stitchs

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement