• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CryZe

[SOLVED] Implementing Dual Paraboloid Shadow Mapping

This topic is 2253 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to only use a geometry shader without using any other shaders? I know it's possible to just use a vertex shader without using any other shaders, is it possible with a geometry shader as well, or does it require a vertex shader?

2. I saw that you can use a Texture2DArray, not just a slice of it, to construct an ID3D11DepthStencilView. Is it actually possible and if so, how do I write the individual depth values from a shader (not per pixel, since I don't want to use a pixel shader)?

Advertisement
1. You need to use a vertex shader.
2. You can select which array slice to use with SV_RenderTargetArrayIndex, which you can output from your geometry shader.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!