Update server

Started by
1 comment, last by Techniquez 11 years, 9 months ago
i recently took on the task of creating a Jade Dynasty private server and the project is going along well and im learning how to edit the server at a reasonable pace but its a pain to have to manually patch my friends all the time so the task is now to create an update server for the project.
the prob is though i have no idea where to start. if anyone has any insight on this topic it will be greatly appreciated ty. untill then im gonna continue to research and experiment.
Advertisement
People are reading your topic and will answer your question when they know the answer. There's no need to post the same topic again when you don't receive an answer after 1 day !

I've not made any update server myself, but here are some ideas:
1. Keep version informations about your files, i.e. a version file per directory which keeps track of the current version of each file.
2. Write a launcher, this launcher will connect to your server to get the current version files.
3. Compare every entry of the version files to check if some files are out-of-date.
4. For each file out-of-date, download them per ftp or something else, replacing the old version.
i didnt rewrite the same topic cause i didnt get an answer ..... i rewrote it cause after some consideration i decided it was in the wrong section to get the assistance i need i dont expect an answer in one day and this is not a simple request so the least i can do is post in the right section and give the correct info to make it easier for the ppl that are willing to help thats all.

PS. thnx for a start at least ill begin on that info and for future reference plz ask b4 u assume things about me i am not a kid this is just not my area of expertise, im just trying to learn something new. im also very patient and understanding so i pretty much take offense to ur attitude but i will remove my previous post if its that much of a problem.....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement