How to open a Lgo file?

Started by
12 comments, last by 6677 11 years, 9 months ago
I am playing a game called Tales of Pirates, its a very nice game.I'm interested on creating a new sword, I mean a new texture.I have done this before like changing stuff and recoloring, but this time I want to create a completely different texture.I made the texture and it looked awesome.But seems that the texture is connected with a model file which tells the game what is the texture's model(shape), so in game my sword shows like theone I edited but with the shape of the old one.It looks like on the picture below.The colored one is my sword but the white space its the old shape of the sword, the shape which is stored on the model file.The next thing I did was locating the model file and open to edit it. I noticed that the model file is in a format .lgo which is completely unknown for me and for windows.I don't know which program can open that kind of model.I think its Maya I will try l latter.Next thing I did was opening this model with an Hex editor.Seems that this is a format of model with codes.I think LGO stands for List Geo Output I am not sure. I would really appreciate if someone who has experience with this could show me how to open and edit this model
1ixs82.jpg This is how my new sword looks on the older model. zvf5l.jpgThis is how the texture file looks

I know I can create a new sword as some people can and did it.
Advertisement
This isn't really the right place for this kind of question - it probably belongs more in the Visual Arts forum.

That said, this is a general game development site, questions relating to modding specific games are generally outside of the domain of this forum.

You might get better results asking some of these people how they did it.
eagpli.jpg It think you can edit it with a program called Microsoft Logo if I am not wrong but I don't even know if its the right program or the right way!

This isn't really the right place for this kind of question - it probably belongs more in the Visual Arts forum.

That said, this is a general game development site, questions relating to modding specific games are generally outside of the domain of this forum.

[quote name='HomeLine' timestamp='1342698494' post='4960898']

You might get better results asking some of these people how they did it.
[/quote]

They are not telling the secret.Can you tell me the link to this kind of forum of Visual Arts?

[quote name='Sandman' timestamp='1342700003' post='4960904']

They are not telling the secret. Thank you for moving my thread smile.png
[/quote]
lgo file hu? Google doesn't really shed any light on how to open and save lgo files other than providing links to websites that offer programs. That's too sketchy for me and something I wouldn't recommend looking at for programs that can open and save lgo files. Since you're looking to modify the lgo file it looks like PaintBrush can open it. There's a source forge link if you Google it. Might allow you to open, edit, and save the file as lgo or from what I'm reading (.logo).

Reading up on it, it says it's based off the TIFF image format which paint.net and photoshop can both open and save to. Paint.net is free, Photoshop has a trial. I can open and save to TIFF, I don't see any way of opening a lgo file or saving to one for that matter.

I'd recommend trying PaintBrush first. If that doesn't work then try PaintNET and Photoshop.

Also, there's this thread on the game's forums that provides a link to a converter and a proper image editing software (although I'm sure anything will be suitable).

Here's the link: http://forum.top.igg...2&extra=&page=1

I haven't checked the link out in that thread. So, that you're going to have to it check out. Hope it helps.

lgo file hu? Google doesn't really shed any light on how to open and save lgo files other than providing links to websites that offer programs. That's too sketchy for me and something I wouldn't recommend looking at for programs that can open and save lgo files. Since you're looking to modify the lgo file it looks like PaintBrush can open it. There's a source forge link if you Google it. Might allow you to open, edit, and save the file as lgo or from what I'm reading (.logo).

Reading up on it, it says it's based off the TIFF image format which paint.net and photoshop can both open and save to. Paint.net is free, Photoshop has a trial. I can open and save to TIFF, I don't see any way of opening a tgo file or saving to one for that matter.

I'd recommend trying PaintBrush first. If that doesn't work then try PaintNET and Photoshop.

Also, there's this thread on the game's forums that provides a link to a converter and a proper image editing software (although I'm sure anything will be suitable).

Here's the link: http://forum.top.igg...2&extra=&page=1

I haven't checked the link out in that thread. So, that you're going to have to it check out. Hope it helps.

I got the idea how to edit them.First I need to find a way to convert this Igo file into a obj file and open it with 3d max.But I still didn't find the way.After that I need to find a way now to convert .obj to .lgo x.x
If you're looking to edit textures then you shouldn't need to find the objects. From what I've read it states that the lgo file format is an image format, and doesn't store any model data. Only textures. I would check out the converter they provided a link to in that thread that I provided a link to.

An obj file can open with textures in 3DS Max, however, an obj file does not contain textures. It only contains model data, and on occasion, material data. Textures will always be in a separate folder. If you're trying to modify the textures only then you don't need 3DS Max. You need to open the files containing unwrapped textures, which the lgo file seems to be. You don't need to open an obj file to edit the textures, although it will come in handy for previewing them.

If you're looking to edit textures then you shouldn't need to find the objects. From what I've read it states that the lgo file format is an image format, and doesn't store any model data. Only textures. I would check out the converter they provided a link to in that thread that I provided a link to.

An obj file can open with textures in 3DS Max, however, an obj file does not contain textures. It only contains model data, and on occasion, material data. Textures will always be in a separate folder. If you're trying to modify the textures only then you don't need 3DS Max. You need to open the files containing unwrapped textures, which the lgo file seems to be. You don't need to open an obj file to edit the textures, although it will come in handy for previewing them.

I know how to edit the texture and recolor it and stuff, but I wan't to make a new texture now with my desired shape, in order to achieve that I will need a new model also which I don't know how to make or edit.The model is a .Lgo file.A guy who knows how to edit them converts them into .obj and then edit them.Check this video out...

Would you mind uploading the specific file you want to open? The board has an attachment option. I'd like to see if I can open it. Since Tales of Pirates is a freely distributed game I'd think it's fine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement