Debugging issue.

Started by
3 comments, last by frob 11 years, 9 months ago
So, will try to keep it simple since I don't expect anybody to solve my problem, I'm just looking for some tips to help me getting started solving the issue.

I have this program which runs fine under "Run", however, when running under "Debug", it crashes and the only information I can get is: No source available for "pthread_join() at 0x3682609080"

What's it meaning, is it too generic for a straight answer?

Language: C++
Environment: Eclipse
Debugger: GDB (Eclipse default I believe)

Thanks in advance!
Tiago.MWeb Developer - Aspiring CG Programmer
Advertisement
Was supposed to poste this on "General Programming" forum.
When running in a debug configuration, the debugger matches the compiled binary with the source code, so you can for example select a line of source code as a break point and the debugger knows which part of the binary to stop execution at. I haven's used eclipse in a while but this should help you figure it out.

When running in a debug configuration, the debugger matches the compiled binary with the source code, so you can for example select a line of source code as a break point and the debugger knows which part of the binary to stop execution at. I haven's used eclipse in a while but this should help you figure it out.

I guess using multiple threads keeps debugging trickier, I prefer to look line after line until I get to the point it crashes since the code is very small, if I set a breakpoint running in a different thread it won't run since it crashes at the "parent" thread, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the problem has somehting to do with stack memory reserved for each thread on "debugger mode", since on "run mode" it runs fine, maybe debugger is more memory consuming.

this didn't help me, :), tried consulting mighty google before, to no avail.

Anybody knows how can I move this topic "General Programming"?
Moved.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement