Which software to produce 2D art like Angry Birds?

Started by
5 comments, last by riuthamus 11 years, 9 months ago
Hello,
I just arrived.
I found very many interesting topics but no answer to my initial problem:

which software was used to produce 2D art (presumably rasterized vector) for top notch games like angry birds space, cut the rope or amazing alex? (amazing alex gameplay)
I caught a glimpse here but did not recognize. do you know?
my main interest lies in platforms iOS and Android.

thanks a million!
Advertisement
I didn't recognize it offhand. It is entirely possibly they are using something developed in-house. That being said, you could use Adobe Illustrator to create those kinds of graphics. For an open-source solution, try Inkscape.
Hey FLeBlanc,
thanks for the advice. It crossed my mind too, that they might have an inhouse tool, but i couldn't understand what use it would be, when there are so many applications out there, do you reckon? Anyway, InkScape i find quite impressive!
Inkscape is the software I use the most for my own art. :)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I believe the software seen in the Angry Birds video is Sketchbook Pro.
You could make that with illustrator, fireworks, photoshop, or in flash(especially characters in flash then use elsewhere).

You could make that with illustrator, fireworks, photoshop, or in flash(especially characters in flash then use elsewhere).

Most vector art is created in illustrator, although you could do it in photoshop as well. Flash is just like illustrator but with an intent for video type of production. I am not aware of the open source options so try the ones that they are mentioning.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement