make games using eclipse?

Started by
6 comments, last by patchwarrior 11 years, 9 months ago
hello,
i can mod minecraft mods usig eclipse and that is my first programming experience and i would like to know if it was possible to make a game like the binding of isaac or super meat boy using eclipse
thankyou!
Advertisement
Yes
making games using eclipse is fine, as long as they are not too big
and consist of too many files, because you easily loose overview in eclipse.

I'm using it for a while now and did some simple 2D games (http://langeder.no-ip.org/cms/index.php?p=spaceshooter_2)

Just give it a try :)
Nearly all development for Android is done using the Android developer tools in Eclipse, so nearly all Android games have been written using Eclipse as the development environment.
Eclipse is just an IDE that uses a compiler to compile code you type in a source file. You can write games using notepad, it is the compiler you really need the IDE just makes things asthetically pleasing while making it and much much less tedious. I use Esclipse for Mobile and Java. I use VS2010 for C++/C#. If you are going cross platform Eclipse is a good way to go. Think about all the work you would have to do if the IDE wasn't building all the folders you needed and initial files you needed (of course not always the case and not needed sometimes too.)
Eclipse.
"Built by consultants, for consultants".

Other than when Google forces it down your throat I just can't fathom why anyone choses to use Eclipse. Well unless you are billing hourly.

It is overly complicated, poorly laid out and if you add plugins, fragile as hell.

Obviously its all a matter of opinion, but in my opinion Eclipse sucks, especially for new developers.

EDIT: I suppose I should actually answer the OP question. wicked357 has the right of it. Eclipse is not a programming language, but instead of tool to help you program in other languages, primarily Java, but Eclipse can also be made to (sorta... ) support other languages like C++ and Python.

EDIT2: I see the Eclipse fans are out in force for moderation. Are any of you disputing that fact it's overly complicated, poorly laid out, and breaks easily once you add plugins? Or do you just not like hearing that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes?
I'm a very happy Eclipse user, but it's not trivial. You better start with a simpler IDE.
it's fine i just wanted to check i could and i like eclipse i can use it well and i have already set up the launcher for my game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement