I bought Wing Commander 1 and 2 on GOG.com!

Started by
9 comments, last by Anri 11 years, 6 months ago
This should probably be on a blog or something. But I don't care. I finally have WC 1 and 2. For PC! I never played the PC version. Only the SNES version. Ah, the memories.

So what throwback games have you bought lately? Or at all?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
Throwbacks?

Final Fantasy 3 on Android. Love it.

This should probably be on a blog or something. But I don't care. I finally have WC 1 and 2. For PC! I never played the PC version. Only the SNES version. Ah, the memories.

So what throwback games have you bought lately? Or at all?

From gog the old games from my childhood that i've gotten are Red Baron, darklands, Master of Orion 1+2, betrayal at krondor.
From steam i've gotten the x-com collection.

None of the purchases were extremely recent though (i've mostly bought games i missed out on). (i replaced most of my childhood floppy games with gog.com versions quite early, just missing replacements for a few of the old SSI goldbox games (i got the original floppies but some of them are in fairly bad condition after all these years and gog doesn't have those games (yet))
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
I got a friend to get River City Ransom on the Wii VC. It's still a kick-ass game.

I got a friend to get River City Ransom on the Wii VC. It's still a kick-ass game.
The Scott Pilgrim game is like a love letter to River City Ransom
I'll have to play that sometime. I should probably go hunting for old-school games. I'm feeling nostalgic.

Is anyone doing a remake or sequel to River City Ransom?

GoG has the unupdated version of Dungeon Keeper 2 .... which means it usesa very outdated version of .net, and is extremely unstable, regardless of how it's ran.

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I finally beat the original X-Com (1994) just a couple years back. It's a great game, and astonishingly difficult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_control_2 is another favorite.

I finally beat the original X-Com (1994) just a couple years back. It's a great game, and astonishingly difficult.

http://en.wikipedia..../Star_control_2 is another favorite.

Yeah, i remember how proud i was the first time i beat that game, on the easiest setting :D
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement