• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Gl_Terminator

OpenGL How to get rid of sluttering issues when working with 2d in opengl

This topic is 2215 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have been working with openGL since 2008. A few years ago I had to migrate to DX but I will always have opengl in my heart :). There was a thing I never acomplished when working with opengl. That thing was to make 2D sprites to move across the screen without performance issues. I have tried almost everything, GL_EXT_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE, glu MIP MAPS for NPOT textures, display lists, and anything seemed to work, attached is a sample using texture rectangle. My question is how a 2D opengl programer manages to make a fluid 2D opengl application, what are the tips, etc. I would really appreciate all the help you can give me. I have been programming in 3D for a looong time and that is the only thing I wish to know more.
BTW I have a 3D dev blog wwww.vasilydev.blogspot.com, stop by and take a look.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!