Sign in to follow this  

Copy Texture2D

This topic is 1969 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im currently trying to make part of one Texture onto another. I think it has something to do with GetData but I cant figure out how to make it work.

The basic idea is I want to make a texture become a certain rectangle of another texture. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd use SpriteBatch to render your first Texture2D onto a new RenderTarget, render your clipped second Texture2D on top, then cast the RenderTarget onto a final Texture2D which will be the combination of the two original textures.

[quote name='PhillipHamlyn' timestamp='1343150850' post='4962668']
I'd use SpriteBatch to render your first Texture2D onto a new RenderTarget, render your clipped second Texture2D on top, then cast the RenderTarget onto a final Texture2D which will be the combination of the two original textures.
[/quote]
I have to admit I dont really understand what are you saying. Could you explain it in a bit more detail.

[quote name='walsh06' timestamp='1343477471' post='4963923']
[quote name='PhillipHamlyn' timestamp='1343150850' post='4962668']
[/quote]
I have to admit I dont really understand what are you saying. Could you explain it in a bit more detail.
[/quote]
Just look at ATEFred's suggestion! Here is the MSDN-page for what he suggested.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476394%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

But he said that the rectangle has to stay the same. I assumed that means the texture2D cant change location. Am I wrong in thinking that??

Oh ok, So with my code Im displaying the Texture and then I want a 100x200 square to be copied to a new texture. This is determined by where the user clicks. So how do i implement the click into it.

Well, that's a completely different question. DirectInput is deprecated after DirectX 8, but it's still works well for normal keyboard and mouse operations. I'd recommend you to take a look at Rasterteks DirectInput tutorial.

There is also XInput, which is supposed to replace DirectInput, but as far as I know, it can't handle mice devices.

well basically I was creating a rectangle around their click and I want to copy the texture thats inside that rectangle. So do I have to do something different??

This topic is 1969 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.