Small scale Software 3D Device

Started by
1 comment, last by spawn_thang 11 years, 8 months ago
HI folks,

I would like to create a small scale software 3D environment that would allow me to plot vertices and then process the vertices using precision maths. The idea being so that I could check results of various vertex processes and save results to a text file for instance, so that I can then load the test data into Direct X to see what the results are. The idea being that I could then go on to develop a library that might then be used along side Direct X.

But, I am not sure how to go about trying to create a software 3d Device.

Anyone have any ideas of a good place to start ?
Advertisement
you can also save the vertex processing of your directx hardware e.g. using steam out (DX10 feature).

So, to point you in the right start direction, what's the purpose of writing a software 3d device? is it for learning? for fun? is it rather just a tool for some work you want to get done? etc?
Thanks for the reply,

I guess, I was trying to figure out how to do something and that is one of the idea's that turned up but a little later on, it turns out that I may well have found out how to do what I was trying to do, the solution being actually quite simple.

If it is the solution I shall post a link to the app on Gamedev when it is ready.

Thanks again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement