Sign in to follow this  

Is it possible to obtain what flags a shader was created with?

This topic is 1966 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey
In the situation where you're having compiled shaders under source control is it possible to write a check-in test that examin what flags the shaders been built with. Most common you want to see that no debug shaders get checked-in.

So what I want to know -Is it possible to obtain infromation of what flags a particular shader been built with?

Cheers :-)

[quote name='five1mon' timestamp='1343386239' post='4963592']
In the situation where you're having compiled shaders under source control is it possible to write a check-in test that examin what
[/quote]
The problem can be solved by checking in only the source files and compile them when you build your release/debug version on-the-fly.

I'm agreeing with Ashaman on this one

Most revision control systems weren't even designed to store binary files, so it'd be a better idea overall to just store your source files and do a compile of your shader code when you build your application Edited by Radikalizm

I kind of agree with you and if I was in charge I prob implement something similiar. Just the way the system is setup atm, we submit compiled shaders and I was just looking into solving the problems with assuring a standard for what flags been used when building.

This topic is 1966 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.