Sign in to follow this  

game structuring software

This topic is 1966 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have looked around and found none, and was wondering if anyone knows of any free software that aids in game development. not an engine. a program that helps organize and plan aspects of the game before its created. something everyone on the team can access and modify, put in sound tracks, 3d models they think could work, code snippets etc. and everyone can view and discuss.

hope i got the point across good, thanks!

You are moving into the area of "analysis and design" here. There are many methods that can help a lot, for example [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Modeling_Language"]UML[/url].

My favorite is to start with defining use cases, creating requirements from these, and then begin the architecture and high level design from these requirements.

There are many applications that help you with UML, and similar methods. The most simple ones are really only a specialized drawing tool, but even that can help a lot. The advanced ones will actually create the software "automatically" for you.

you could of just put the letters UML! haha, just adding those letters in my search shines many lights on my path! one that would just help with organizing instead of have an online DOC like Google docs and have me type how everything is going to look and act and work can get very confusing! :) thank you

This topic is 1966 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.