New to game development. Help?

Started by
3 comments, last by AmGame 11 years, 8 months ago
I am wanting to learn how to make video games. I would like to start off by making browser based games. Like games such on the websites kids hop on to play games while there at school.(Kongegate,Armor Games) Websites like those. I am willing to learn any langugage needed. Figured i'd start there then jump into game development using something like, Unity 3D, Blender, DarkBasic, Stuff like that. So if anyone has any information on how i can learn this please i am begging you to share it with me.
Thank You.
Jacob
Advertisement
I have never done any web-app-programming, but it sounds like you want to learn Flash or Javascript. Perhaps you could google search for "flash tutorial" or something like that, and come back here if you need more information after.
Try out some HTML 5 + JavaScript, it works amazingly well from what I seen on a lot of websites.
Check out my open source code projects/libraries! My Homepage You may learn something.
So i should learn HTML 5 + Javascript for making browser based video games?
I guess this article from nzgamer.com should explain some of the aspects in your question:

http://nzgamer.com/ps3/features/1117/learning-to-make-games-at-media-design-school.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement