Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_Vicious_

Warsow 1.0 released (with Angelscript being the key component)

This topic is 2177 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hey Andreas,

just wanted to let you know that we have recently release version 1.0 of the first person shooter Warsow (after 7 years in beta), which uses AngelScript for gametype and UI scripting. For UI we have also used middleware library called libRocket, which handles XHTML/CSS layout and presentation, and Angelscript is utilized for DOM manipulation, events and other stuff which normally Javascript would do in a browser.

All in all, thank you Anreas for your hard work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Congratulations on the new release.

You were one of the early adopters of AngelScript. I truly appreciate the confiance that you trusted in my lib back then, and I am pleased to see you stayed with me all this time. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Andreas,

just wanted to let you know that we have recently release version 1.0 of the first person shooter Warsow (after 7 years in beta), which uses AngelScript for gametype and UI scripting. For UI we have also used middleware library called libRocket, which handles XHTML/CSS layout and presentation, and Angelscript is utilized for DOM manipulation, events and other stuff which normally Javascript would do in a browser.


I didn't realize Warsow was in beta that whole time :|

Congrats on the release :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks! I recommend looking into our UI code, just to see how awesome Angelscript in a rather unusual environment :D The binding code is terrifying though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
congrats.

i was thinking integration libRocket too. i did not want to code in python, also didnt want python+boost.python in my game .
binding it to angelscript proved to be very challenging and time consuming.

i switched to berkelium.
but i may give a librocket a second chance given that it is proven to be possible to bind it with angelscript

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!