Warsow 1.0 released (with Angelscript being the key component)

Started by
3 comments, last by saejox 11 years, 8 months ago
Hey Andreas,

just wanted to let you know that we have recently release version 1.0 of the first person shooter Warsow (after 7 years in beta), which uses AngelScript for gametype and UI scripting. For UI we have also used middleware library called libRocket, which handles XHTML/CSS layout and presentation, and Angelscript is utilized for DOM manipulation, events and other stuff which normally Javascript would do in a browser.

All in all, thank you Anreas for your hard work!
Advertisement
Congratulations on the new release.

You were one of the early adopters of AngelScript. I truly appreciate the confiance that you trusted in my lib back then, and I am pleased to see you stayed with me all this time. :D

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Hey Andreas,

just wanted to let you know that we have recently release version 1.0 of the first person shooter Warsow (after 7 years in beta), which uses AngelScript for gametype and UI scripting. For UI we have also used middleware library called libRocket, which handles XHTML/CSS layout and presentation, and Angelscript is utilized for DOM manipulation, events and other stuff which normally Javascript would do in a browser.

I didn't realize Warsow was in beta that whole time :|

Congrats on the release :)
Thanks! I recommend looking into our UI code, just to see how awesome Angelscript in a rather unusual environment :D The binding code is terrifying though :)
congrats.

i was thinking integration libRocket too. i did not want to code in python, also didnt want python+boost.python in my game .
binding it to angelscript proved to be very challenging and time consuming.

i switched to berkelium.
but i may give a librocket a second chance given that it is proven to be possible to bind it with angelscript

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement