Sign in to follow this  
sheep19

OpenGL Looking for a book to learn OpenGL ES 2.0 on android

I have recently started learning OpenGL 2 (not ES). However I read somewhere that the fixed-function pipeline is deprecated in favour of the programmable pipeline that OpenGL 4 and OpenGL ES 2 offers. So I decided to stop learning OpenGL 2 and move to OpenGL 4.

The problem is that my laptop has support for only OpenGL 2. That's because my OS (Ubuntu 12.04) uses the Open Source ATI driver. If I use the proprietary driver from ATI I run into a lot of problems (freezing at shutdown being one of them).

So the other solution is to learn OpenGL ES 2.0. I kinda prefer that as I plan on developing games for android devices. I'm already developing one but I use the android.graphics library. So when I learn OpenGL ES 2.0 hopefully I can use that.

So the question is, where can I learn OpenGL ES 2.0 for Android? I prefer a book instead of online tutorials.
Also I do not want to buy a book where the author uses his custom SDK. I want it to be OpenGL ES all the way.

Thank you, and sorry for my English.

Check out this book: [url=http://www.amazon.com/OpenGL-ES-2-0-Programming-Guide/dp/0321502795]OpenGL ES 2.0 Programming Guide[/url]. I find it pretty good.