error lnk1104

Started by
3 comments, last by MahanGM 11 years, 8 months ago
Hi everybody.
I've started learning game development from directxtutorial and I've ran into error lnk1104: cannot open file 'd3dx11.lib' error.
I'm using Visual Studio 11 Beta and Win7 x64. I've compared, and eventually copy/pasted the code from the website but the error doesn't change, let alone, solve itself.
P.S. I've added the SDK directories to the VC++ Directories as well as Additional Dependencies list, but nothing changes. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
This might sound trivial/stupid/offensive but I still have to ask.
Have you downloaded and install DirectX SDK? Have you added DirectX SDK\lib\x86 to linker's Aditional Library Directories?

If you are using Visual Studio 11 Beta without DirectX SDK, then d3dx11 library doesn't exist, it was deprecated. You'll have to write texture loading yourself, compile shaders manually or through VS, and do yourself whatever other features d3dx11 provided.

P.S. It's called Visual Studio 2012 now, old version was 11, you might need to update.
Yes I've added both x86 and x64 directories to the additional dependencies. And the SDK I downloaded is June 2010, but I don't recall there's any newer SDK published. Thanks about the info for the VS, I might upload it, though I don't want to.
Just to be sure ... have you double-checked that you do indeed have the required lib on your machine in an appropriate location?
I'm not sure but link the debug library to see if it works "d3dx9d.lib". And ensure that you include the Lib and Include path of DX SDK after all of the included libraries such as Windows SDK.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement