Sign in to follow this  

Independent Developer Exchange Group

This topic is 1963 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Indie Devs,

I was thinking about the language exchange and some cross promotion exchange, I came to the conclusion that the more we indie’s work together, the better are our chances of success. As most people use a lot of apps and are constantly looking for new ones, we can share exposure and all gain more downloads and sales. Marketing an app is very expensive as we all know, but by doing cross promotion we can reduce our costs and gain better exposure.

On the other hand, as Apple this year said on WWDC localization is a major topic. We can reach far more customers, if we localize our apps. This is a very expensive process if you, employ a professional agency, on the other hand google translate sounds horrible most of the times. On this lines we started the language exchange earlier this year (you can look up the doc in the group notes). I had very good experience with you guys there :-) and it is fantastic to connect that way...

Now in relation to translation exchange there are a lot of possibilities even if you only speak English, for example you could exchange house ads in your app for a translation...
What to do when you like to start an actual exchange? Who would be interested? How to work on translations together? And after some time you remember there was this post, but where is it now?
In this context I thought to start a private(closed) forum, where Indie developer can exchange Ads, Translations, and anything else which could make all of us stronger.

I created a subdomain for this forum: Independent Developer Exchange Group as said it is closed, so you need to apply for membership I will try to approve as fast as possible :-)

http://idxg.beejuicegame.com

Please tell me what you think and we can go from there :-)
Greetings
Anselm

@Moderator I hope this post is ok

Sign in to follow this