Using Socket Communications

Started by
3 comments, last by wood_brian 11 years, 8 months ago
Hey, guys. I'm going to be undertaking a job soon, hopefully, that is going to require the development of a 3D simulation for use on Windows, Linux, and maybe on the web. I have one key issue, however, that I need to tackle, mainly because I'm a C++ user, but decided Java will be a better language for this task for web integration if the client wishes.

The input file methods shall be written as a separate module to facilitate the replacement of the satellite type, satellite location, and thrust information files with socket communications

How exactly would I go about this? I understand the network syntax for this, but does this mean that i have to make a separate Java application alongside the main one that allows changing of these parameters? It's likely something I would do in C++, but considering I haven't done much network-related applications for a long time, I'm trying to gauge the difficulty of this task. Personally, I think it's as simple as sending a data file over the net for the application to read and update its own file, but I can use an expert opinion.
Advertisement
There's really not enough context to go on here. That sentence could be interpreted in a number of different ways.

I would recommend seeking clarification from your employer/client.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, Apoch. I'll probably end up doing that. I just wanted to see if anyone had enough experience with java to get an idea so I could prepare beforehand.
Java is a type-less laguage, be aware. (a friend of mine said "it would be cool if it was not so unstable,... he is a big unix java fan!")
Java has types.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement