PIX and shader model 5.0

Started by
3 comments, last by MJP 11 years, 8 months ago
Ok so I've been searching the web for an answer on this one but I can't find anything.

Is it possible to debug my shader (5.0) with PIX by HLSL code ? or at least anything that tells me what register is what ?
if I click on debug pixel it just gives me the assembly code without any explanation.
Is there some secret option I'm missing ? tongue.png

If not can anyone hint me to a readme or something that e.g. tells me what r0 or cb1[1] or v1 in the assembly code mean ?
Advertisement
v1 is varying1 - one of the registers used to pass data from the vertex shader to the fragment shader
When you compiled you shaders, did you use the comand-line options / API flags to enable debugging? (D3DXSHADER_DEBUG / D3DCOMPILE_DEBUG / etc)

When you compiled you shaders, did you use the comand-line options / API flags to enable debugging? (D3DXSHADER_DEBUG / D3DCOMPILE_DEBUG / etc)

Thanks a lot, that did it :)
FYI PIX will debug vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders, but it won't debug hull, domain, or compute shaders. You can use vendor-specific tools to do that if you need to, although I'll warn you that Parallel Nsight requires a remote debugging target to debug shaders.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement