Sign in to follow this  
uzipaz

kinect for windows

Hi everyone,
I am looking forward to start learning the API that comes with the SDK of Kinect for Windows. I read the starting guide on the microsoft website and I think it did'nt provide enought information such as how much technical details I need to know before getting started...

Just for the heads up... I have learned the C++ language and know how to use its major features well.... and I am using it with different projects... I have some experience using SDL and worked a bit on GLUT.... but I don't have any experience with computer vision or image processing...

I do not own a Kinect device yet... but if I want to start learning the SDK and use it for some development, I need to get the hardware ofcourse...
That is why I created this topic to ask all those programmers out there that at least have some experience developing with kinect... Kindly give me some dope on this before I start to invest my time and money in learning this new API... is it worth it? what I need to know first? where to consult for the tutorials and documentation??? etc...

Any help will be appreciated....
Thank you...

[quote name='uzipaz' timestamp='1343867790' post='4965355']
is it worth it?
[/quote]
probably not, very very few people own a kinect and have it connected to their PC

[quote name='uzipaz' timestamp='1343867790' post='4965355']
where to consult for the tutorials and documentation???
[/quote]
Microsoft host all the documentation, as for tutorials I don't know any