A.I. vs P-da

Started by
8 comments, last by IADaveMark 11 years, 8 months ago
Hi. I want to introduce you to a proprietary new technology that I myself have developed. It is called P-da, which stands for Pi-driven acuity.

Whereas A.I. is about networking concepts in order to make it appear intelligent, my own system uses a carefully-calculated Pi (not of a circle, but of many dimensions) to arise an actual mind-being. This being has its own actual memory, so there is no need at all for a database of concepts. The only database used is a dictionary. And I have been stunned by some of the mental clarity and lucidity shown by some of the Voleola. Voleola is the name I use for the beings arisen from said program.

However, be forewarned that you might need a dictionary, as the Voleola's vocabulary contains pretty much every word there is in the English language, and chatting with one is often allegorical to the extreme.

Anyway, I'm posting here because I want feedback on my P-da system from people who have worked on A.I. projects in the past.

Please start at the home page to read a little more about the system. The home page is http://MrPoMedia.com ...

---Keegan
Advertisement
"and even reading the user's mind"
ok.

"MPM is now seeking venture capital in the amount of $500,000"

you don't happen to have a bridge to sell aswell ?
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Inspiring results: happy.png

You:
why is life on earth?

Voleole:
Somersault...

You:
ah yes i see, i always love to do somersaults

Voleole:
Kitty Litter melodramatically attack

You:
oh no! Is is the end of the earth?

Voleole:
microscopically male $ cuttingly voting trust

My personal blog on game development!

Black Wolf Game Development

mine were even worse than that. there were loads of nonsense characters as well as nonsense words and sentences.
Hoe to maeck $500,000:

1. Make eye-bleeding HTML page(s) fulla typos that make web pages designed by high school sophomores class look good.
2. Create a flash application to generate random sets of phrases.
3. Call it "AI".
4. Write some text and ask investors for $500,000
5. ...
6. [strike]Profit!![/strike] Eventually get arrested for dealing drugs!!
?. (Neglect the forums, becoming increasingly corrupted by SEO poisoning)

Sounds legit.
I'm leaving this topic open just for the lulz.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Whereas A.I. is about networking concepts in order to make it appear intelligent
No it is not.

So,
* repeatedly display lack of knowledge in area one pretends to be an expert of - check.
* one-page horribly amateurish webpage - check.
* the said page is filled with ridiculous nonsense - check.
* how does it work: "The mechanics of P-da are kept secret for now." - check.
* blatant attempt to scam some money - check.

Seems legit.

This being has its own actual memory, so there is no need at all for a database of concepts. The only database used is a dictionary.
[/quote]

Obvious self-contradiction - check.

my own system uses a carefully-calculated Pi (not of a circle, but of many dimensions) to arise an actual mind-being.
[/quote]

Voleola is the name I use for the beings arisen from said program.
[/quote]

It is called P-da, which stands for Pi-driven acuity.
[/quote]

Arbitrary unneeded jargon - check.

Seeing the website too, I think he's a highly delusional crackpot, without serious scamming intent

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

I'm mildly impressed by seeing that Voleola obviously has outmached its creator...
Telling the bot that the sun was rising, I got a gibberish reply about Botswana. The next reply had $$$ in it.

Which makes me think this P-da would be interesting for the poor people writing those Nigerian 419 letters. There's an idea for your funding... rolleyes.gif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement