• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Discalibrator

DX11 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'D3DX11async.h': No such file or directory

This topic is 2178 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to use D3DX11CompileFromFile, but VC++ Express won't find D3DX11async.h. How can that be corrected?

Other header files are found fine, like windows.h, D3D11.h, DXGI.h, and D3DCommon.h, but not D3DX11async.h. I have even used these header files to draw a single-color window, but when it gets to D3DX11async.h it won't find it. I'm using Visual C++ 2010 Express and Windows 7.

[edit]

Additionally, there doesn't seem to be D3DX11async.h on my computer. Why would I not have this file when MSDN says that's where D3DX11CompileFromFile is declared? Edited by Discalibrator

Advertisement
It's in the Include folder of the DirectX SDK install directory. Did you install the DirectX SDK?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!