Sign in to follow this  

r6010 error

This topic is 1953 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am encountering an r6010 error.This a runtime error. I am using opengl and c++.I am trying to load a bmp file for texture mapping a quad. Here is the code I am having trouble with.

void initRendering()
{
Image* image = loadBMP("chest.bmp");
_textureId = loadTexture(image);
delete image;
}

let me know if you need addtional code.

You'll, uh, need to provide more code. What is loadBMP, what is loadTexture, and what is Image, a class (can we have its definition)? Also, did you ensure it isn't a filesystem problem, e.g. chest.bmp not found because you haven't set the current directory right?

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The [url="http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/60565/"]first meaningful google hit[/url] for r6010 error points to an Allegro-related forum question which also has to do with bitmaps. Are you using Allegro? Have you looked at that link? There's also [url="http://www.gamedev.net/topic/623494-error-r6010/"]a Gamedev.net hit[/url] for your question, with precisely the same context, please look at it even if it doesn't have many replies... did you check it out? [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Or perhaps you are following NeHe's tutorials (c.f. loadBMP)? Etc...[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please give additional details, as it is now this is like saying "I have a problem in this code: [font=courier new,courier,monospace]main();[/font] ".[/font]

well here is some more code,I think it is a directory problem,but I am unsure of how to fix it.
GLuint loadTexture(Image* image)
{
GLuint textureId;
glGenTextures(1,&textureId);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D,textureId);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D,
GL_RGB,
image->width, image->height,
GL_RGB,
GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,
image->pixels);
return textureId;
}

This topic is 1953 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.