Sign in to follow this  

Need help developing a Apple Audio Unit instrument that wraps around a 3rd party AU

This topic is 1955 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using Mac and Xcode and the Core Audio framework to make an AU.

I am a really newbie to Core Audio and I was wondering if someone can help me out with this project.

I posted this question in another Mac programming forum, so I don't want to double post here. Here is my thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15411003#post15411003

Thanks

Subhosting a plugin isn't exactly the easiest thing to do since you have to write code which communicates with the plugin - inverting the interface described by the documentation - and it is unlikely that you will find any copy-and-paste "tutorials".

Since you only want to control some parameters programmatically, have you considered using a modular host such as Bidule?

Yeah I considered Bidule, but their shareware trial is not available at this time.

I think for my project, I have to create an AUGraph object inside my plugin and put my 3rd party UA in there. I think but not sure how to do it exact.

This topic is 1955 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.