Looking for feedback on my new game

Started by
8 comments, last by 3Ddreamer 11 years, 8 months ago
You can download it here.
It is free and always will be. I believe in free games!
It was recently finished after several years of work, but I have yet to release it officially.

Here is our current website

I hope I post this in the right section. This big forum is confusing.
Advertisement
Personally I would recommend "Your Announcements". It's also better to add a screenshot and a little info about the game (name, theme, tools used to make it) to get people here interested. Many people here won't click a link without a good reason, especially in case it's a spam post.

But congrats on your game!
Hey :) just took the "leap of faith" and downloaded it, havent spent long on it but had 2 rounds (only lasted 3hrs qand 2 respectivly :P)

First of all, Awesome game :) everyone loves a Zombie shooter =D and its acctually quite fun :P

Things I personally noticed:
1/ I found it very hard to keep looking to the top left to see my ammo when my attention is always focused in the middle of the screen. you know i couldnt afford to take my eyes off my character cus he'd die :P (this lead to me dying a few times due to no ammo)

maybe include a ammo-bar kind of thing to show me my ammo level where i can see it without moving my eyes away from the game.

2/ imo The knife is a bit pointless? if I use it I loose life as I get "eaten", so why would I even think about using it?

So congratz on finishing it and thanks for sharing :)
Very nice game.
Love the art style too.
And I agree with what the guy above said.
Hi, thanks. Very good points. The ammo bar is something I've never thought of, as I know how many bullets each gun carries and keep count in my head.
The knife is indeed very useful, if you know how to use it. The trick is to slash just a few milliseconds before the zombie get's you. I have perfected this skill, and although it is not without it's dangers, it is very important when you reload or are being surrounded by zombies. I have learned to take out multiple zombies with one slash.
It's a shame you only played two rounds for three hours each. It doesn't get hard until you reach the snow level. happy.png

I had a guy do a review of it when it was in early production, and he kept complaining that it was to easy, how he could just stand back and let all the team mates kill the zombies, so I upped the difficulty a bit. The key to survival is team work!ph34r.png
It looks great, and the fact that you started and followed through on something (finishing is something I am bad at) is a good reason enough for you to be satisfied with it.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

It looks great, and the fact that you started and followed through on something (finishing is something I am bad at) is a good reason enough for you to be satisfied with it.
Yes, finishing what you started is always the hardest part. Especially if you like slacking, as I do.
The video there, Gryning, was well made and the game itself looks quite good. I like the sounds, too.

You guys are on to something.

How do I learn more about your team?

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

The video there, Gryning, was well made and the game itself looks quite good. I like the sounds, too.

You guys are on to something.

How do I learn more about your team?
Hi, thank, we are not a team, I made this game myself.
Oh, well, it looks like a team effort! I am even more impressed. biggrin.png

Here is our current website[/quote]

This sentence in your first post started my misunderstanding. So you meant that "our" as in community, right?

Your game is gorgeous! I am very happy for you. biggrin.png

3Ddreamer

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement