Engine for MOBA type of games

Started by
1 comment, last by warka 11 years, 8 months ago
Greetings. I have a group of people who are experienced in programming and we are going to create a MOBA-type of game that is similar to LoL and HoN. I've looked at various options, such as Unreal Engine, Unity 3D, K2 etc, which any of them should probably work for our purposes but I wanted to see if I could get an opinion on which engine would be the most appropriate one to use for a MOBA game.

I was told that Unreal Engine is more suitable for FPS type of games and Unity 3D has a lot of limitations in the long run for implementing anything moderately complex. I'd like to know if there's some truths to these statements and any other red flags that I should be aware of. Thank you very much.
Advertisement
The unreal engine can do what you want as it is very flexible. Some things probably will take some serious work but totally doable. Its not really "more suitable for fps". It just has most of the work already done if you are making an fps. I don't have any experiense with unity so I can't comment on that.
if you want i was looking for a team to do some work on a MOBA and i have already bought a one year subscription for the HeroEngine. It seems very promising for this kind of game if you interested in checking it out let me know and i can show you the little bit i have done.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement