Graduation exercise from cplusplus.com

Started by
3 comments, last by Northern 11 years, 8 months ago
Hey.
So, I was doing some simple C++ exercises the other day and I found a very interesting one I'd like to complete.

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/
(scroll down to the last exercise called Graduation).

It is as difficult as it is fun and it might be too early for me, but I'd still like to attempt it.
I realize that I first need to create a struct that will hold all the properties of bunnies such as sex/name/age.
What do I do next? How can I loop through the created instances of this struct? Every turn, I have to check if a bunny is too old/ready to procreate/whatever, and so aren't I supposed to have some kind of way to loop through the list of existing instances in the same way as I'd do it with an array? If not, then what am I missing?

I'm not asking for a walkthrough here. Just general tips on how to get started.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
I suspect this is what you missed:

Write a program that creates a linked list of bunny objects.[/quote]
I see. Could you please elaborate on that? I'm a complete beginner.
"Write a program that creates a linked list of bunny objects."
With an array you could jump to any position of that array, however a link list you must start at the beginning node and transverse through each node in order to reach the desired node. Each node will have a pointer to next node and a structure/pointer to the data it contains.

Start by laying out the framework of the application.

Main
Initialization
Main Loop
User Input
Bunny Update Loop
Change State
Create New Bunnies
Kill Current Bunny
Mass Murder Bunnies
Sort Bunny by Age
Display Output
File Output
Cleanup
Exit

I have noticed that advanced classes is part of the requirements for the exercise. A class CBunny would be good candidate for this instead of a struct. For the link list, pass a pointer of CBunny as the data.

Good Luck ;)
Alright, it's clear now! Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement